- Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
- The Diplomat's Wife by Pam Jenoff
- The Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Walk with the Wind by John Lewis
- The Red Scarf by Kate Furnivall
- Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
- Elizabeth by David Starkey
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Archaeological Study Bible :-)
And out of curiosity I asked my husband what he would take (what? two people = 20 books, right?):
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows
- Medieval Europe: a Short History (Hollister)
- Edgar Allan Poe: the Complete Works
- Gilbert of Sempringham and the Gilbertine Order (Golding)
- The Hobbit
- Amber, Gold, & Black: The History of Britain's Great Beers
- Storm of Swords (Martin)
The "Book Blogger Hop" is a weekly book party hosted by Jennifer at Crazy for Books. Join in the fun and link up at her blog!
This week's question...
Summer is coming quickly - what 2011 summer release are you most looking forward to?
Drifting in the dark waters of a mysterious river, the only thing Amelia knows for sure is that she's dead. With no recollection of her past life—or her actual death—she's trapped alone in a nightmarish existence. All of this changes when she tries to rescue a boy, Joshua, from drowning in her river. As a ghost, she can do nothing but will him to live. Yet in an unforgettable moment of connection, she helps him survive.
Amelia and Joshua grow ever closer as they begin to uncover the strange circumstances of her death and the secrets of the dark river that held her captive for so long. But even while they struggle to keep their bond hidden from the living world, a frightening spirit named Eli is doing everything in his power to destroy their newfound happiness and drag Amelia back into the ghost world . . . forever.
Happy Friday! May your weekend be filled with books!