10 March 2011

Hop & Follow Friday!

I'm pretty new to blogging in general (especially for an audience beyond my parents and in-laws), but I'm loving finding new blogs to read all the time!  The list of blogs that I follow seems to grow hourly!  I've just started looking for ways to do post that go beyond my literary musings, starting with the "Waiting on..." Wednesdays and now premiering...








"Follow My Book Blog" Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee's View. Check her blog out!
 
Q: Who are You the Girl/Boy, instead of You the Blogger?

Who am I? Let me tell you!

Name: Jessi
Age: 24
Education
: BA in History and Secondary Education (minor in Political Science); currently pursuing an MA in Library Science
What do I do?: I am currently employed as a "Fiscal Assistant" for an academic library and I work at the local public library every other weekend in the Public Services department. Oh, I'm also a part-time student in library science (focusing in youth services, hopefully).  I'm also involved with my church women's group and, as of recently, the back-up pianist for the church.
Where am I?: I currently live with my husband and our two spoiled cats in a tiny town of 220 people in Missouri.  However, we commute to Columbia, MO for work/school every day.  Both my husband and I are originally from Central Illinois.
And in all the spare time...: I read! It (obviously) tops the charts, followed closely by cooking, playing my piano, reading blogs (on books and food), and snuggling (with my husband and kitties).
Random Fact: I gave up "reading for pleasure" for Lent, but managed to make it a caveat that I could still read for church. So, (a) look for some different musings to appear between now and Easter and (b) I can't wait for Sundays (since I get to read and all)!!

Book Blogger Hop




"Book Blogger Hop" is a weekly hop hosted by Crazy for Books.  Definitely check out her blog and the other blogs you can find through the hop!

This week's question comes from Ellie who blogs at Musings of a Bookshop Girl:
 "If I gave you £50 (or $80) and sent you into a bookshop right now, what would be in your basket when you finally staggered to the till?"


Oooo...book money! I never have any of that! Here's what I think I would buy:
  • The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
  • The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
  • Delirium by Lauren Oliver
  • The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff
  • Wither by Lauren DeStefano (pre-order)
  •  Lover Unleashed by J.R. Ward (pre-order)
  • Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler (ebook)
  • My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent (ebook) 
Thanks for stopping by! Leave a comment! I'd love to check out your blog!

28 comments:

Getting Your Read On said...

Welcome to the book blog world, Jessi. I'm pretty new at this myself, but I love reading other people's reviews. I look forward to reading yours. I'm a new follower.

Aimee
http://gettingyourreadonaimeebrown.blogspot.com/

Alison Can Read said...

Hey there. New follower! I'd love to get my MLIS. I'm thinking of going in a year or two.
My Hop

WildIrishRose33 said...

Hi! New follower! Look forward to reading more from you!

Tara
Shhh... Not While I'm Reading.

Nadea Ruzmen said...

Hi, new follower here. Welcome to the community, Jessi. I'm pretty new too.

My FF

Marrion said...

Hey! Came from the hop! I welcome in the blogosphere! Hope you enjoy this journey! :] Following you now! :]

Here's my Blog Hop and Follow Friday. :]

Lindsay said...

Happy Follow Friday! =)

violethourbr.blogspot.com

Nerissa said...

Hi! I am a new blogger as well. I have only been doing it for two weeks, it's great being able to meet people who share the same interest as you. New follower :)

My FF- http://bit.ly/e1rvEN

Lindsay Cummings author said...

hoppin by! love the blog, it's cute!! new follower, follow me?!?!

http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Yes, isn't it fun to spend "found money"?

Here's MY BLOGGER HOP POST

Two Bibliomaniacs said...

New follower from the Hop! Hope you enjoy the world of book blogging. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

New follower here as well, found you on the Hop. I love your blog title! A corner is just so perfect for reading.

I blog over at http://ems-reviews-books.blogspot.com/

WildIrishRose33 said...

You're more than welcome. :-) Happy Friday to you too.
Glad I'd have at least one customer if I ever do get to open a store. :-)

brandileigh2003 said...

Have you ever read Captivating? It is a good inspirational book.
To find out more about the girl behind this blogger and to follow me back (I’m following you now from Follow Friday) check out My Follow Friday post

Jennifer said...

Great book choices! I've never heard of someone giving up books for Lent. It sounds like you really made a personal sacrifice.

Howard Sherman said...

Wow! What a great question this week. I always peek at other people's book piles at the checkout link at B&N. That doesn't make me a voyeur, does it?

The exhibitionist in me has posted my own bookstore shopping list -- and it's not as predictable as you may think!

Hop on over to my blog for all the suspense and chills of my TBR list - http://www.howardsherman.net

Happy Hop Friday!

Howard Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net

Jen Bigheart said...

Thx for hopping by! You listed some great books. I own a few for the Iron Fey series and need to read them. They are at the top of my TBR pile.

Jen

Paranormal Opinion said...

Hello! I'm a new follower! I live in Missouri too :)
http://paranormalopinion.blogspot.com

ParaJunkee said...

Hallo hun! Thanks for you Friday Hop participation. Appreciate it and hope you met some new friends.

Gave up reading for pleasure *gasp* I don't think I could do that. LOL

I hope you come back to Parajunkee's View soon! XO❤XO❤ - Parajunkee
Happy Paranormal Spring Break!

Lamia (The Book Eater) said...

Hi! I just followed you through the FF post :)

I'm a new blogger as well! I've read Delirium and The Replacement. I really loved the former, and the latter was enjoyable. I have the Iron Daughter and My Soul to Take on my to-read list, too :)

Here's my blog, check it out if you like http://the-book-eater.blogspot.com/

Jen said...

Hopping on by to say hello! I've read some of the books on your list, but not all of them --- it's been interesting to see what people have been listing for this Hop's question. I'm definitely adding more books to my TBR list.... :)

Happy Hopping!

Mystica said...

The question has thrown up very interesting reads. Coming through on the hop.

kk4booksnlighthouses said...

New follower here. Great blog. Hop on over to my blog at http://kkbparadise.blogspot.com Take care.

Maidenveil said...

Hi, JessiM! Thanks for dropping by my blog. Sorry it took me awhile to follow back. Caught up in reading! :D

I want to "give up" something for lent too and I thought of reading...but I can't! So kudos to you for going thru that. :)

Great book picks! Totally worth the budget. :D

Happy reading!

-Len of Musings of a Reader Happy

Mystica said...

The question has thrown up very interesting reads. Coming through on the hop.

Lamia (The Book Eater) said...

Hi! I just followed you through the FF post :)

I'm a new blogger as well! I've read Delirium and The Replacement. I really loved the former, and the latter was enjoyable. I have the Iron Daughter and My Soul to Take on my to-read list, too :)

Here's my blog, check it out if you like http://the-book-eater.blogspot.com/

I Read Banned Books said...

Thx for hopping by! You listed some great books. I own a few for the Iron Fey series and need to read them. They are at the top of my TBR pile.

Jen

Delphyne said...

Great book choices! I've never heard of someone giving up books for Lent. It sounds like you really made a personal sacrifice.

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Yes, isn't it fun to spend "found money"?

Here's MY BLOGGER HOP POST

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so go ahead and leave some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Barnes & Noble
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Don't Eat Worms kit by Lorie Davison