This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, where they are particularly fond of lists. This week's topic is in honor of Book Blogger Appreciation Week!
Top Ten Books I Feel As Through Everyone Has Read But Me
- Harry Potter (#2-7) - Okay, I finally did read the first one this past April, but I still get "those" looks when people find out that I haven't read Harry Potter beyond book 1. I know--it's apparently a cardinal sin for someone studying to be a youth librarian. But seriously, it's so hard to keep up with the books that I want to read AND schoolwork!
- TMI series - Indeed, I haven't read any of these books. I keep looking at City of Bones whenever I'm at B&N, but I can't convince myself that I will actually make the time to read it.
- Clockwork Angel - Okay, so I guess this is just me admitting that I haven't read ANYTHING by Cassandra Clare. I did by this one in the London airport with every intention of reading it on my trans-Atlantic flight...but I didn't.
- Soul Screamers series - These sound awesome and I WANT to read them. I really, really do. I even bought the first one on my Nook and I'm sure that I will love it...when I get around to it.
- The Wolves of Mercy Falls series - I even OWN the first two...SIGNED...and I still haven't read this apparently awesome series.
- Hourglass - So, ditto about just about everything else on this list--I WANT to read it and I OWN it...but I don't have the time!
- Paranormalcy - I'm beginning to realize just how many apparently fabulous, widely read books I own and haven't read...including this one.
- Bloodlines - I LOVED VA. Seriously loved. So I think I'm hesitant to pick this up because I'm always scared to read more by an author that I already adore. However, Penguin sent me a finished copy and I am seriously dying to read it.
- To Kill a Mockingbird - Don't ask me how I got out of high school and college without reading this book because I don't know. My uncle (who's a writer) gave me a beautiful boxed edition of this for my college graduation because he knows I love books and this is one of his absolute favorites. I honestly think if I don't read it before I see him again he'll have a fit!
- Sarah Dessen books - Okay, I've actually read one (Along for the Ride) and yes, I enjoyed it enough, but I haven't had a strong desire to read anything else by her. However, bloggers are always raving about her stuff and there was an entire "Sarah Dessen" week.