11 April 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (58)

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where book bloggers discuss the books that they are most anxiously waiting for! (And this fabulous button was designed by my dear blogger friend Lindsay at The Violet Hour)

This week I'm waiting on...

Blackwood by Gwenda Bond
© September 2012 by Strange Chemistry/Angry Robot
On Roanoke Island, the legend of the 114 people who mysteriously vanished from the Lost Colony hundreds of years ago is just an outdoor drama for the tourists, a story people tell. But when the island faces the sudden disappearance of 114 people now, an unlikely pair of 17-year-olds may be the only hope of bringing them back.

Miranda, a misfit girl from the island's most infamous family, and Phillips, an exiled teen criminal who hears the voices of the dead, must dodge everyone from federal agents to long-dead alchemists as they work to uncover the secrets of the new Lost Colony. The one thing they can't dodge is each other.
Cover? Absolutely awesome.  Story? America's oldest mystery paired with a contemporary mystery and a splash of possible romance.  I'm dying to read this one! 

Add it to your Goodreads shelf!


Also, I figured I would combine this post with W.W.W. Wednesdays...so here is some more info about my reading for this week! To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…Grab the logo...and post your link at Should Be Reading!

I'm so far behind on reading my review books. :( I can't wait for this semester to be finished so I can get back to it for real!

 

What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
 
 

 What do you think you’ll read next?


 
What are YOU waiting on this week?

10 comments:

PatriciaBookExhibitionism said...

Oh, how was Pretty Amy?

Patricia // My WOW

Carina said...

I'm not really sure about whether BLACKWOOD would be my kind of read, but I think it's on NetGalley at the moment. :)

YAY! for reading CHOSEN ONES and MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH. Read and loved the former and currently reading the latter (almost 50% in and really enjoying it). :)

Carina
Fictional Distraction | My WoW

Tribute Books said...

I hope you enjoy! your pick.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_11.html

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

This looks super good. I love anything based on history so I am wanting to check this out. There are a lot of great books coming out this fall. I am interested to see how you like the Madque of Red Death I will have my review up on Monday. I have read some great reviews on the False Prince. Happy Wednesday, Jess.

rogier said...

i just saw blackwood yesterday 
hope u get it soon


WOW 

Jessi said...

I'm really enjoying Masque so far--just haven't had time to read much lately! Did you enjoy it?  (lol, actually, I can wait until Monday to find out, can't I?) :D

Jessi said...

I'm really enjoying Chosen Ones so far--glad to hear you loved it! I really need to find time to dedicate to read it. :)

Jessi said...

I really enjoyed Pretty Amy.  It was a fun, quick read with a snarky protagonist who I found myself loving and hating simultaneously. :)

Daniela said...

Blackwood sounds pretty interesting! I saw it on NetGalley and was intrigued. I've always been curious about the Roanoke colony disappearance, so I'd like to see how it's handled in this book.

My WOW.

Pocketfulofbooks said...

That snake scares me! It looks intriguing though!

My WoW: http://www.pocketfulofbooks.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_18.html

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so go ahead and leave some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Barnes & Noble
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Don't Eat Worms kit by Lorie Davison