This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, where they are particularly fond of lists.
Ten Book Endings that Left Me with my Mouth Hanging Open
- Possession by Elana Johnson - This ending made me want to curl up in a corner and cry. CRY, I tell you.
- Ashes by Ilsa Bick - I was convinced that my galley copy was faulty as I attempted over and over again to turn the page on my Nook.
- Variant by Robison Wells - I know some people had heard about this cliffhanger ending, but I had not. Imagine my surprise--"Hey, look who's back!" THE END. :(
- Firelight by Sophie Jordan - At least when I finished reading this one I didn't have to wait long for Vanish because this was totally had a WOW CLIFFHANGER (!!!) ending.
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness - Cliffhanger of cliffhangers! I mean, you don't even know if ________ is going to live or DIE!
- The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson - So this wasn't so much a cliffhanger, but MJ introduces something at the very end that makes you go "WAIT. Back up--what was THAT?"
- Eve by Anna Carey - This may not have been my absolute favorite dystopian ever, but the ending left me going "But what's going to happen to _______?!" so I will definitely be picking up Book 2.
- A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies - I'm not going to lie--when I finished reading this one, I was totally NOT in the mood for a complete cliffhanger, so I was a bit upset. However, I suppose it did serve it's purpose because I will definitely be looking for #2.
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver - Oh, this ending made me want to cry! I've been begging for Pandemonium since the moment that I turned the final page!
- Wither by Lauren DeStefano - Simply another book that left me begging for its sequel! I'm dying to get my hands on Fever.
If you've read these, then you totally know what I mean! So many cliffhangers or unanswered questions at the end of these! I also feel like I need to read more standalone novels...