29 February 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (52)

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where book bloggers discuss the books that they are most anxiously waiting for! (And this fabulous button was designed by my dear blogger friend Lindsay at The Violet Hour)

This week I'm waiting on...


Breathe by Sarah Crossan
© 2 October 2012 by Greenwillow
Inhale. Exhale. Breathe. Breathe. Breathe . . .

The world is dead.
The survivors live under the protection of Breathe, the corporation that found a way to manufacture oxygen-rich air.

ALINA
has been stealing for a long time. She’s a little jittery, but not terrified. All she knows is that she’s never been caught before. If she’s careful, it’ll be easy. If she’s careful.

QUINN
should be worried about Alina and a bit afraid for himself, too, but even though this is dangerous, it’s also the most interesting thing to happen to him in ages. It isn’t every day that the girl of your dreams asks you to rescue her.

BEA
wants to tell him that none of this is fair; they’d planned a trip together, the two of them, and she’d hoped he’d discover her out here, not another girl.

And as they walk into the Outlands with two days’ worth of oxygen in their tanks, everything they believe will be shattered. Will they be able to make it back? Will they want to?
Doesn't that sound interesting? I'm hoping that it stands on its own among the many other dystopian-type novels that have inundated the market lately. And check it--love triangle with two girls here??

Add it to your Goodreads shelf!


Also, I figured I would combine this post with W.W.W. Wednesdays...so here is some more info about my reading for this week! To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…Grab the logo...and post your link at Should Be Reading!

School has REALLY slowed down my reading! Between a FT job, a PT job, a middle school library practicum, and a reader's advisory class, I feel like I only get about 1/4 of the time I used to for my own reading.  It's really sad!

 
What are you currently reading?

 
(Currently listening to...)



What did you recently finish reading?

What do you think you’ll read next? 


 


What are YOU waiting on this week?

8 comments:

Amy said...

Great 'waiting on' pick! It sounds like my kind of read, so I am definitely adding it to my TBR list - thank you for sharing! :)

Here's mine:
http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday-12.html

Agnieszka Nashi said...

Breathe sounds super interesting and totally my type! And wow, with the reverse triangle :>

And oh God oh God you're listening to Monsters of Men, I LOVE CHAOS WALKING TRILOGY. I think I didn't say that today yet lol. My obsession with these books is totally out of control.

Here's my WoW. ♥

Kristi L Stern said...

Breathe... sounds awesome and the synopsis gives you just enough to pique your interest! Definitely going on my waiting for list!

Thanks for sharing!

Molli said...

Breathe sounds awesome!  I haven't heard of it but now I may have to add it to my TRB!

My WoW
 

Sara Kovach said...

Love the cover for Breathe!  
Just bought Allegiance.  I can't wait to read it!
My WoW:  http://sosimplesara.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday-8.html
My WWW:  http://sosimplesara.blogspot.com/2012/02/www-wednesday-8.html

Adriana Ryan said...

Wow, that sounds awesome! I love dystopian novels. :D The thought of a cooperation ruling because it has manufactured O2-rich air is sooo realistic!

Adriana Ryan said...

 Whoops, I meant "corporation"!

Blog Away said...

This was a lovely blog posst

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so go ahead and leave some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Barnes & Noble
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Don't Eat Worms kit by Lorie Davison