09 March 2012

Friday Fling! The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Photobucket 

During Friday Fling , I share with you a "just for fun" romance book or novella that I read and really enjoyed.  It will generally be a "mini review" instead of a full review and I'll often stray from my YA focus into the realm of adult romance (which, in case you're curious, is my guilty pleasure).  These are books that I think are fun, quick reads that are definitely worth checking out!



Sometimes a short, fun romance is just what you're looking for! This was a really quick read (a couple of hours maybe) that was perfect for a homework break on a Sunday afternoon. :)

Publisher: Poppy
Release Date: 2 January 2012
Get it! Amazon | B&N
Hadley was late for her flight--just minutes too late to catch her flight to the UK for her father's wedding to a woman she's never met.  Lucky for her, Oliver takes pity on her and keeps her company in the airport and, in a twist of fate, on the airplane.  When the two part at the airport, Hadley can't help but continue to feel drawn to Oliver--the boy she's only known for hours...

I really enjoy books set in short periods of time (a day, a night, etc.) and TSPoLaFS definitely fits the bill there.  We really only spend two days with Hadley (and Oliver) but it's just enough time to grow to love them.  I worried this would come off like another inst-love story, but I found that it was really a lot sweeter than that.  Their budding romance isn't forced or contrived--it's just sweet and new. They each have a bigger event that they have to deal with as well, which rounds the story out some.

If you're a sucker for love at first sight stories, then I definitely suggest checking this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so go ahead and leave some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Don't Eat Worms kit by Lorie Davison