15 May 2011

In My Mailbox (5)


In My Mailbox was inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie and created by Kristi at The Story Siren.

I haven't posted an IMM for about two weeks, so I have a little catching up to do.  However, I HAVE to start with the MOST EXCITING PACKAGE EVER, which my lovely, lovely husband retrieved from the post office for me this past week:

Here's what it looked like when I first opened it:


***SQUEEEEEEE***

If you followed the link in my last IMM, you might have some idea what this box entails.  My cat was quite intrigued...


In case you didn't figure it out, this is my SUPER AWESOME ABSOLUTELY AMAZING PRIZE PACK from the Bewitched Bookworms Easter Egg-stravaganza!  I won the super awesome grand prize!  I've been SO excited about this.  I haven't read any of the books that were in the prize pack, but they are all on my TBR list. *happy dance*

 The custom Nook case. (So cute!!)

 The books! (...my precious...)

Shiver & Linger by Maggie Stiefvater (signed!)
Rival by Sara Bennett Wealer
Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton
Afterlife by Claudia Gray (signed)
Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting (signed)

 Do you see all the awesome swag that I also got? Seriously, so cool. (Please ignore my messy kitchen table)

I can't thank the Bewitched Bookworms enough for this one!  I am beyond excited to read these.

Okay, moving on to the other books that have shown up IMM in the last two weeks...

 I won these three during Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon.  (Which, btw, was so much fun I'll be participating in October)

Kat, Incorrigible by Stephanie Burgis
The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova
The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

I also won...

The Kiss of Life

...from LibraryThing Member Giveaways!  I really enjoyed the first book, so I'm quite excited.

Priscilla the Great 2: The Kiss of Life by Sybil Nelson

And, the things I bought:


Divergent by Veronica Roth (which, in case you're curious, won my "What should I read next?" poll and I'm going to try to read it before I go on vacation)
The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter


Mermaid by Carolyn Turgeon
Corsets & Clockwork anthology
Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer

I also purchased a few things for my NookColor...despite the fact that I said I wouldn't so I would read eGalleys on vacation. *looks sheepish*

Hex: A Witch and Angel TaleBetrayal (The Descendants #1)Magyk (Septimus Heap, #1)
The Vampire Voss (Regency Draculia #1)TimelessViola in Reel Life (Viola, #1)

I've also been a bit of a library bug lately...but I have so many checked out right now that I'm embarrassed to post a picture.  *blush*  I've actually been trying to return some without reading them so that I can have a slightly more manageable pile at home.  This is the problem with my part-time library job: I rarely come home without a book in hand (case and point: I returned 8 today...and left with 3...for a grand total now of *19* books checked out...)

There you have it!  Have a fabulous week!!

9 comments:

Bookish Brunette said...

*squee*

Awesome lady!!! I love the Nook cover! I need one! Great haul this week! Xoxo

kaye (paper reader) said...

Wow, how fantastic! I haven't read anything by Maggie Stiefvater yet but she keeps on popping up everywhere. I'm going to look into some of the other titles but THE GODDESS TEST was goooood.

Congratulations! :)

P.E. said...

Oh WOW. Possibly one of the best mailboxes I have ever seen, I'm so jealous! Super excited to see your reviews!

Unknown said...

That's an amazing haul! Happy reading and enjoy your goodies.

Stop by our first IMM here. Your newest follower.

Katie said...

Great IMM! So many books, which are on my wishlist as well c:
Happy reading c:

Katie @ monpalais.tumblr.com

newshadeofgreen said...

WOW! You hit the jack pot!! I absolutely loved Shiver and Linger, I'm so jealous of your SIGNED copies!!!! Can't wait to see what you think :).
BTW, I'm a new follower. Here's my first IMM! Not quite as exciting. :)

Alex @ The Blethering Bookworm said...

I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous, really i'm not. *nose grows to ten feet long, smashes through the computer screen and a birds nest complete with eggs pops up on the end*

Look at all the pretty shiny books. There so pretty...I can't wait to read The Goddess Test!

Great post. I hope you enjoy all your books :)

http://thebletheringbookworm.blogspot.com/

Alex said...

I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous, really i'm not. *nose grows to ten feet long, smashes through the computer screen and a birds nest complete with eggs pops up on the end*

Look at all the pretty shiny books. There so pretty...I can't wait to read The Goddess Test!

Great post. I hope you enjoy all your books :)

http://thebletheringbookworm.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

Great IMM! So many books, which are on my wishlist as well c:
Happy reading c:

Katie @ monpalais.tumblr.com

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so go ahead and leave some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Barnes & Noble
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Don't Eat Worms kit by Lorie Davison