13 August 2011

On My Wishlist (6)

On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming.

Glitter Graphics | http://www.graphicsgrotto.com/



Shatter My by Tahereh Mafi

Summary:

Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days. The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares.
The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

I was lucky enough to read an ARC of this book courtesy of Once Upon a Twilight Book Tours and it was fabulous! I plan on pre-ordering a copy all my own when it comes out it November. It's seriously a fabulous book.



Glitter Graphics | http://www.graphicsgrotto.com/





Graveminder by Melissa Marr


Summary:
Rebekkah Barrow never forgot the tender attention her grandmother, Maylene, bestowed upon the dead of Claysville, the town where Bek spent her adolescence.

Now Maylene is dead and Bek must go back to the place—and the man—she left a decade ago. But what she soon discovers is that Maylene was murdered and that there was good reason for her odd traditions. It turns out that in placid Claysville, the worlds of the living and the dead are dangerously connected...

If you read my review of this book, then you know that I LOVED it.  It was a seriously fabulous read. I won my original copy from Goodreads and passed it along to a friend who passed it along to a friend and so on.  Now I really want my own copy! Someday. :-)


Glitter Graphics | http://www.graphicsgrotto.com/

What's on YOUR wishlist?

2 comments:

Maria Behar said...

Both of these sound really great, but I'm especially interested in "Graveminder".  Very intriguing, if a bit scary!  But I'm adding it to my GR "to read" bookshelf.  Thanks for the recommendation!!  : )

Maria Behar said...

Oh, and by the way...here's my 'On My Wishlist' post:

http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/on-my-wishlist-9.html

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so go ahead and leave some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Barnes & Noble
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Don't Eat Worms kit by Lorie Davison