31 August 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (26)

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where book bloggers discuss the books that they are most anxiously waiting for! (And this fabulous button was designed by my dear blogger friend Lindsay at The Violet Hour)

This week I'm waiting on...


Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
© 27 September 2011 by Little, Brown, & Co.


Pre-Order It! Amazon

Goodreads Description:

Around the world, black handprints are appearing on doorways, scorched there by winged strangers who have crept through a slit in the sky.


In a dark and dusty shop, a devil's supply of human teeth grown dangerously low.


And in the tangled lanes of Prague, a young art student is about to be caught up in a brutal otherworldly war.


Meet Karou. She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real; she's prone to disappearing on mysterious "errands"; she speaks many languages—not all of them human; and her bright blue hair actually grows out of her head that color. Who is she? That is the question that haunts her, and she's about to find out.


When one of the strangers—beautiful, haunted Akiva—fixes his fire-colored eyes on her in an alley in Marrakesh, the result is blood and starlight, secrets unveiled, and a star-crossed love whose roots drink deep of a violent past. But will Karou live to regret learning the truth about herself?
This simply sounds fabulous! :-) I've actually pre-ordered a copy of this--something that I don't normally do! I was just so excited and I was placing a big pre-order so....I figured why not! The sad thing is that the pre-order included an October release so I won't be getting this until well after 9/27!



Also, I figured I would combine this post with W.W.W. Wednesdays...so here is some more info about my reading for this week! To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…Grab the logo...and post your link at Should Be Reading!


What are you currently reading?



(Currently listening to...)


What did you recently finish reading?





What do you think you’ll read next? 




What are YOU waiting on this week?

10 comments:

Bluestockingbb said...

I love the cover on Smoke & Bone.

Here is mine

Hafsah @ IceyBooks said...

Ah.... I love that cover! It sounds pretty unique as well. Can't wait!

Thereadinggeek said...

Thanks for stopping by. Great choice, I read a ARC of this and it was so good. It was definitely one of the best books I have read this year. Hope you enjoy it!

Amy said...

I am so waiting for Daughter of Smoke and Bone! Great choice!

Amy's Waiting on Wednesday

Bookish Brunette said...

I have an ARC of DoS&B... I really need to get it read before it's released! lol



My Wow Post!

Chelleyreads said...

i've heard so many good things about daughter of smoke and bone. sooooo excited to read it. awesome pick! :)

I hope you can stop by our WoW this week.

-Michelle

indigo331 said...

I've had Daughter of Smoke and Bone on my list for a while now. It sounds like it's going to be great! Nice pick. :)

Tia said...

This sounds like a really good read. Great pick!

My WoW

Stephanie Laymon said...

Daughter of Smoke and Bone looks awesome!!!

kaye (paper reader) said...

I finished DOSAB the other day and I can't stop thinking about it. The book was such a smart, *well-done* spin on things that...well, let me just say that this book is quite amazing. I should be finishing up a review for it tonight and will have it up later!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so go ahead and leave some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Barnes & Noble
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Don't Eat Worms kit by Lorie Davison