10 August 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (23)

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where book bloggers discuss the books that they are most anxiously waiting for! (And this fabulous button was designed by my dear blogger friend Lindsay at The Violet Hour)

This week I'm waiting on...






Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard
© 13 March 2012 by Delacorte BFYR

Goodreads Description:
It all begins with a stupid question:

Are you a Global Vagabond?

No, but 18-year-old Bria Sandoval wants to be. In a quest for independence, her neglected art, and no-strings-attached hookups, she signs up for a guided tour of Central America—the wrong one. Middle-aged tourists with fanny packs are hardly the key to self-rediscovery. When Bria meets Rowan, devoted backpacker and dive instructor, and his outspokenly humanitarian sister Starling, she seizes the chance to ditch her group and join them off the beaten path.

Bria's a good girl trying to go bad. Rowan's a bad boy trying to stay good. As they travel across a panorama of Mayan villages, remote Belizean islands, and hostels plagued with jungle beasties, they discover what they've got in common: both seek to leave behind the old versions of themselves. And the secret to escaping the past, Rowan’s found, is to keep moving forward.

But Bria comes to realize she can't run forever, no matter what Rowan says. If she ever wants the courage to fall for someone worthwhile, she has to start looking back.
This book looks absolutely adorable and I cannot wait to read it! Did you know it's on NetGalley?! Yep, sure is! Be sure to check it out because I think it's going to be a fabulous read. :-) (Oh, and also, this adorable cover? Heck yes, I so want to buy this one!)



Also, I figured I would combine this post with W.W.W. Wednesdays...so here is some more info about my reading for this week! To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…Grab the logo...and post your link at Should Be Reading!


What are you currently reading?


Book club read I really need to finish!

What did you recently finish reading?


What do you think you’ll read next? 




What are YOU waiting on this week?

15 comments:

teddybrgrrl said...

I saw a bunch of people had this book on their IMMs because it's on net galley. I thought it looked really good too! Hopefully it will be as good as we think it is! Great pick! 

Here's my WoW

Bookish Brunette said...

I need to read Witchlanders ASAP! It's going to expire... FAIL!



My Wow Post!

Megan Swicegood said...

Wanderlove is going to be a problem for me because all it's going to do is insight my own wanderlust. It does look great though. Netgalley, eh? Hmmm....I may see this in my very near future.
How was The Rivals? I really liked The Mockingbirds, but didn't really feel that it needed a follow-up. I was surprised to see one.Megan ,  Read It, See It

Jessi said...

The Rivals was actually really good! I felt the same way at the end of The Mockingbirds, but she really made the second novel cohesive and fabulous. My review will be up tomorrow. :-)

Jessi said...

Same with me! I can't believe I've let it go this long!

Jessi said...

I certainly hope so because I've got quite high expectations! :-)

Chelleyreads said...

i've been wanting to read hubbard's books. this one sounds awesome. and you've read the rivals already. i really liked the mockingbirds and i'm eager to read the sequel.

Stop by our WoW.

-Michelle

Sara said...

Great pick! Sounds so interesting! 

BTW how did you like Misfit?

Jessi said...

I really enjoyed Misfit! You can check out my review here :-)

Thanks for stopping by!

Hafsah @ IceyBooks said...

Wanderlove looks full of win. I need to get my hands on it soon! Great pick, Jessi :)

Sasha Kaohi said...

Can't wait for Wanderlove! I still need to read Like Mandarin!

Check out Em's WoW!

Also check out the GREAT Giveaways we have going on!

kirsten hubbard said...

thank you so much for featuring WANDERLOVE! :)

Jessi said...

:-D! I'm so excited to read it! I'm thinking I really need to move it up in the "line" of books. 

Jessi said...

I need to read Like Mandarin as well.  As soon as I can afford to buy some more books it is definitely on my list. ;-)

Karis Jacobstein said...

How was Misfit?  I have it but haven't gotten to it yet... Great WoW pick!

My WoW: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/08/www-10-and-waiting-on-wednesday-august.htmlAlso, check out my new meme, Before the Blog: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/08/before-blog-3-named-by-marianne-curley.html

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so go ahead and leave some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Barnes & Noble
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Don't Eat Worms kit by Lorie Davison