04 April 2011

In My Mailbox (2)

"In My Mailbox" is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren, where book bloggers can share the wealth of books we picked up this past week--whether they were bought, borrowed, or obtained in some other way!


This week is definitely lighter than last.  I'm still not reading much because of my Lenten pledge, but I couldn't stop myself from picking a few books up at the library this weekend!

Borrowed from my public library:


Sweethearts by Sara Zarr
Green by Laura Peyton Roberts
Oh. My. Gods. by Tera Lynn Childs
The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

Won from the Goodreads Firstreads program:

The Journey by Wanda Brunstetter

That's all I have for this week! Add those to the never-ending reading list. :-)

As a side note,  I am considering giving up with my Lenten pledge of no pleasure reading.  It feels dumb to quit, lol. I originally did it to support my husband and I don't think that he needs the support as much now that he is so near the end.  However, I know that if I quit, he'll hound me FOR-EV-ER.  Just thinking about it.  I was considering giving "x" amount of money to my church for every book that I read between now and Easter.  Thoughts?  Ah, well, until next time...

HAPPY MONDAY!

6 comments:

Shirley said...

The Truth About Forever has a great cover! When is your Lenten Pledge up?

TheBookAddictedGirl said...

Never seen that version of the Truth About Forever, but I love it! I have to read that book!
Amazing week! Happy reading!

And thanks for the return follow! (:

JessiM said...

@Shirley, my Lenten pledge is until April 23. Three more weeks of very limited reading!

@BookAddictedFirl, no problem! I'm enjoying your reviews!

brandileigh2003 said...

I'm a big fan of Dessen- enjoy!
Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Molli @ Once Upon a Prologue said...

Sarah Dessen has a way of writing stories that just resonate with me. My favorite so far is "Just Listen," but I want to read all of hers, eventually. Hope you enjoy all those books!

Brandileigh2003 (Blkosiner's B said...

I'm a big fan of Dessen- enjoy!
Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so go ahead and leave some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Barnes & Noble
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Don't Eat Worms kit by Lorie Davison