16 December 2011

Follow Friday--Book Hoader Confessional!

Happy Friday!!


"Follow My Book Blog Friday" is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at Parajunkee's View and Allison at Allison Can Read where bloggers make new friends, including this week's featured bloggers--Book are Vital and Once Upon a Time!!  Be sure to join in the follow fun!!

This week's question: 
Q: When you've read a book, what do you do with it? (Keep it, give it away, donate it, sell it, swap it?)
Here's where I admit to being just a bit crazy: I'm a major book hoarder.  I have 8 full bookshelves in my house and countless boxes of books stored in my parent's attic and my in-laws basement.  I am TRYING to get better about donating some to the library and/or not buying as many (for both space and financial reasons) but I can't seem to stop!  My husband simply groans when new books show up in the mail (like when my UK copy of Clockwork Prince *finally* showed up yesterday!!). So, in short, I, Jessi, am a book hoarder extraordinaire. If there was a reality TV show for book hoarders, I'm sure my husband would be first in line to sign me up. ;)
So, what do YOU do with your books? Lemme know in the comments! :)

17 comments:

Kristilyn (Reading in Winter) said...

I love this! I wish I had kept all of the books I had when I was younger, but I went through a very long phase of not reading and probably only had 2 boxes of books to my name when I moved in with my then-boyfriend, now-husband. NOW, I have close to (or probably over) 700 books and I love it. I adore my books and will never part with them! Of course, once I convince my husband that I need yet another bookcase, I'm sure he'll flip. :) 

Melissa said...

I wish I had the space for 8 bookshelves.  I'm pushing it asking for a second to put in our gust room which I use as an office!!

aparajita basu said...

Oh i'm totally the same. thanks for stopping by and following.

New Follower
Aparajita- Le' Grande Codex
CHECK OUT MY FF POST HERE

Jennifer said...

I'm just like you, Jessi!  My family just rolls their eyes when I get a book in the mail or come home with a BN bag.  They are slowly taking over my house...but I wouldn't have it any other way!  Old follower.

Jenniferhttp://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2011/12/follow-friday-9.html

Christy's Book Basket said...

I think I would be a secret hoarder if my library wasn't so close to my house. Thanks for hopping by and new follower too. Love your blog!

Anna said...

omgggg I wish I had the space to keep all my books!!

Anna @ Literary Exploration

bibliobrouhaha said...

Hey, I think it's totally worth it if you love the book!  I shelled out to get an Aussie version of The Piper's Son since the US version looks like a Guitar Hero ad threw up on it.   Mu husband groans, too :)

Annette said...

I suppose there's worse things you could hoard! Don't feel too guilty. Thanks for visiting, and happy reading!

Rachel Brooks said...

Okay, I think you win. I don't have to store books as other people's houses! LOL

Here is my Follow Friday post

Old follower =)

purplebull said...

LOL your hubby seems to compromise for your reading xD book buying = disease! Have you thought of ebooks? maybe that will be a better alternative then banning yourself from buying books.

Old follower:D
This weeks Friday Fun
-thank you&come again.

Jenni Elyse said...

Wow! Your book hoarding sounds like my yarn hoarding, except that I don't get new yarn in the mail, lol. But, I do have much more yarn than I could every possibly use and I still buy more.

Fallingforbooks said...

I have lots of books as well. It's definitely hard to part with good books. I love looking at them on the shelves!

My Follow Friday!

Sandra Terry said...

Dude that's a lot of books! Donating a few from the boxes would be a nice idea haha.  Thinks of the other book lovers! ^_^

Jess @ Gone with the Words said...

I am well on my way to having that many bookshelves full of books...but I want a library in my home!! haha

BTW - I LOVE THE NEW LOOK!!! :D

Burgandy Ice said...

Lol. That's great. I moved too much to start a good hoard. Well, beyond reference. 

Heidi said...

I am happy to say, I am not a hoarder I give my books away. Might as well let others enjoy them and now I only buy ebooks so I guess my Kindle is a hoarder as it will store up to 3000 books!

Pipaclan said...

I keep them on my book shelves for anyone else who wants to read....seems they just fly off the shelf!  But I can't give  books away..I want them back!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so go ahead and leave some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Don't Eat Worms kit by Lorie Davison