21 December 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (42)

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where book bloggers discuss the books that they are most anxiously waiting for! (And this fabulous button was designed by my dear blogger friend Lindsay at The Violet Hour)

This week I'm waiting on...

Hallowed by Cynthia Hand
© 17 January 2012 by HarperCollins
For months part-angel Clara Gardner trained to face the raging forest fire from her visions and rescue the alluring and mysterious Christian Prescott from the blaze. But nothing could prepare her for the fateful decisions she would be forced to make that day, or the startling revelation that her purpose—the task she was put on earth to accomplish—is not as straightforward as she thought. Now, torn between her increasingly complicated feelings for Christian and her love for her boyfriend, Tucker, Clara struggles to make sense of what she was supposed to do the day of the fire. And, as she is drawn further into the world of part angels and the growing conflict between White Wings and Black Wings, Clara learns of the terrifying new reality that she must face: Someone close to her will die in a matter of months. With her future uncertain, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning.
A Million Suns by Beth Revis
© 10 January 2012 by Razorbill
It's been three months since Amy was unplugged. The life she always knew is over. And everywhere she looks, she sees the walls of the spaceship Godspeed. But there may just be hope: Elder has assumed leadership of the ship. He's finally free to enact his vision - no more Phydus, no more lies.


But when Elder discovers shocking news about the ship, he and Amy race to discover the truth behind life on Godspeed. They must work together to unlock a puzzle that was set in motion hundreds of years earlier, unable to fight the romance that's growing between them and the chaos that threatens to tear them apart.

I know I've mentioned it before, but I am SUPER excited for so many of the sequels that are coming out next year! These are two January releases that are most definitely on my reading list. :)  Are you excited about 2012 sequels?  Be sure to check out my challenge!


Also, I figured I would combine this post with W.W.W. Wednesdays...so here is some more info about my reading for this week! To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…Grab the logo...and post your link at Should Be Reading!



What are you currently reading?


(Currently listening to...)

What did you recently finish reading?
 

What do you think you’ll read next? 


What are YOU waiting on this week?

4 comments:

Tanya Patrice said...

Ooh definitely excited for A Miilion Suns to come out!

Nerissa said...

The Catastrophic History of you and me is the book that I am looking forward to reading the most, oh and Cinder which I've heard so many great hings about.

Btw, I totally have you on record saying that you like a good contemp book- lol :)

Brenna said...

There are LOTS of sequels I'm excited for! I feel like most of my TBR list for 2012 is made up of new books in series haha! I'll be sure to check out your challenge for sure, I'm glad to hear about it.

A Million Suns is REALLY good, I actually liked it better than AtU. And Unearthly and Hallowed are both on my TBR list (very soon)!

My WoW at Esther's Ever After

Sophia Lee said...

Ah! A Million Suns! I'm totally excited for that one. :) I haven't read Unearthly yet but I plan on doing so soon.

Sophia
My
WoW :)

The
Book Basement

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so go ahead and leave some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Barnes & Noble
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Don't Eat Worms kit by Lorie Davison