07 December 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (40)

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where book bloggers discuss the books that they are most anxiously waiting for! (And this fabulous button was designed by my dear blogger friend Lindsay at The Violet Hour)

This week I'm waiting on...



On a Dark Wing by Jordan Dane
© 27 December 2011 by Harlequin Teen
Five years ago Abbey Chandler cheated Death. She survived a horrific car accident, but her lucky break came at the expense of her mother’s life and changed everything. After she crossed paths with Death—by taking the hand of an ethereal boy made of clouds and sky—she would never be normal again.

Now she’s the target of Death’s Ravens and an innocent boy’s life is on the line. When Nate Holden—Abbey’s secret crush—starts to climb Alaska’s Denali, the Angel of Death is with him because of her.

Abbey finds out the hard way that Death never forgets.
I've almost always been a bit of a sucker for a intriguing looking angel book and this one is next on my list! I read a post that Jordan wrote about it and knew immediately that I HAD to read it.  Trust me--I did a little *happy dance* when I saw this one on NetGalley (which just happened to be the same day that I discovered it--coincidenc?). Now I just need to read it!!


Also, I figured I would combine this post with W.W.W. Wednesdays...so here is some more info about my reading for this week! To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…Grab the logo...and post your link at Should Be Reading!



What are you currently reading?


(Currently listening to...)

What did you recently finish reading?


What do you think you’ll read next? 


What are YOU waiting on this week?

14 comments:

DJ_Librarian said...

Goodness, it seems like I'm seeing this title all over the place now! :) Marla's review really inspired me to anticipate On a Dark Wing's release, too. Hopefully you'll be able to read it soon! Happy reading!

Karis Jacobstein said...

How was The Disenchantments? I'm looking forward to that one!

My WWW/WoW

Janiera Eldridge said...

I love angel books and this cover is beautiful! Great pick! Thanks for stopping by!

Teddybrgrrl said...

Hmmm I've never heard of that one before but it sounds interesting. Great pick! 

Here's my WoW!

Samual said...

On A Dark Wing does very interesting, so does the title. :) Awesome pick! Thank you for sharing!

Sam
Books For All Seasons

Aira M. said...

Looking forward to reading Cinder as well! Thanks for sharing! :)

Jessi said...

I REALLY enjoyed The Disenchantments! Definitely one to look out for in February. :) 

Stepping Out Of The Page said...

Great selections for all. I hope you're enjoying I am J, it made it into my list of favourite books of 2011. I'm a new follower, by the way. Thanks for sharing!

Jessi said...

 I really enjoyed Marla's review as well! I'm hoping to get to it this weekend. :)

ladyfern910 said...

I'm intrigued by this one as well.  Beautiful cover!  Here's mine: http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-11-immortal-city.html

Alexandralanc said...

This cover is so creative and interesting. Great post, and great pick!

Alexandra~

Enter my giveaway to win a copy of "Swirls", the first book in a brand-new YA series: http://wordsoftheworlds.blogspot.com/2011/12/outsiders-giveaway-special-guest-post.html

Supernaturalsnark said...

I'm super excited for this one too Jessi! I'm on a bit of an angel kick at the moment, I just can't get enough of them, so I'm dying to get to this one:) Can't wait to see what you think of Cinder too, I really enjoyed it!

Becca Ritchie said...

I really love the cover of On a Dark Wing. It's very beautiful. Happy Reading :) Cinder looks pretty awesome!

Anna Billings said...

Ohhh I'm starting this one soon :)) It does look really awesome! And how did you like Disenchantments?? I just got it last week and I'm really eager to start it :)

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so go ahead and leave some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Barnes & Noble
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Don't Eat Worms kit by Lorie Davison