14 December 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (41)

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where book bloggers discuss the books that they are most anxiously waiting for! (And this fabulous button was designed by my dear blogger friend Lindsay at The Violet Hour)

This week I'm waiting on...

Bliss by Kathryn Littlewood
© 14 February 2012 by Katherine Tegen Books
Rosemary Bliss’s family has a secret. It’s the Bliss Cookery Booke—an ancient, leather-bound volume of enchanted recipes like Stone Sleep Snickerdoodles and Singing Gingersnaps, all of which keep the town of Calamity Falls free from, well, calamity.

Rose can’t wait to be a magical baker just like her parents. But when Albert and Purdy Bliss leave for a week, they tell Rose and her siblings (Thyme, Sage, and Parsley) that the Cookery Booke is off-limits—and hand them a boring old cookbook instead. It seems Rose is doomed to ordinariness in every part of her life.

But then a mysterious stranger shows up. Rose is suspicious of “Aunt” Lily, and yet Lily is charismatic and glamorous and fun. Maybe if Rose experiments with just a little magic, she’ll be respected like Aunt Lily and be a pinch closer to becoming a magical baker herself. A few Love Muffins and a few dozen Cookies of Truth couldn’t cause too much trouble...could they?
Winterling by Sarah Prineas
©  3 January 2012 by  HarperCollins 
With her boundless curiosity and wild spirit, Fer has always felt that she doesn’t belong. Not when the forest is calling to her, when the rush of wind through branches feels more real than school or the quiet farms near her house. Then she saves an injured creature—he looks like a boy, but he’s really something else. He knows who Fer truly is, and invites her through the Way, a passage to a strange, dangerous land.

Fer feels an instant attachment to this realm, where magic is real and oaths forge bonds stronger than iron. But a powerful huntress named the Mor rules here, and Fer can sense that the land is perilously out of balance. Fer must unlock the secrets about the parents she never knew and claim her true place before the worlds on both sides of the Way descend into endless winter.
I'm really excited to up my MG reading next year and these are just two of the books that I'm excited to check out! I was lucky enough to actually win a copy of Winterling from Sarah and I'm super excited to read it. Bliss, well, I'll have to wait until that one comes out but it sounds like it's going to be a super fun read. :)


Also, I figured I would combine this post with W.W.W. Wednesdays...so here is some more info about my reading for this week! To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…Grab the logo...and post your link at Should Be Reading!



What are you currently reading?


(Currently listening to...)

What did you recently finish reading?


What do you think you’ll read next? 


What are YOU waiting on this week?

16 comments:

Emilia Witthuhn said...

Oh, I can't wait to read Winterling! What do you think of Dearly Departed so far?

Jessi said...

I do like it, but I can't seem to really get into it.  I think that my reading of it has been too disjointed.  I'm considering starting over and trying to dive in once and for all. 

Teddybrgrrl said...

Awww those look cute! Great picks :)

Here's my WoW!

Emilia Witthuhn said...

Yeah, I've heard that you pretty much have to read it all the way through, otherwise it's confusing!

Heidi said...

Oh wow you got it! I love it! You even got a kitty and a blog roll! It looks Fabulous!

Jessi said...

Lol, it's actually being installed RIGHT NOW. :) There will be an "official" post just a little bit later when it's finalized. I'm so in love with it!

Jessi said...

That's what I'm hoping! I have it from NetGalley but since I'm so late in getting to it I checked it out from the library to see if that motivates me at all. :P

lindsaycummingsauthor said...

i just got my ARC of winterling, it's so pretty! looks like a fast read as well!

stop by my wow?!http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/arc-review-incarnate.html

Adriana C said...

Winterling sound really interesting and I love the name Fer.
And I want to read Cinder, love this cover and the spanish cover is cuter.
Thanks for stopping by. =D
WOW

Melissa said...

And now I have a few more to add to my wishlist!  Thanks a lot!! lol

♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

ladyfern910 said...

Both of those sound intriguing especially Bliss.  I don't read many MG books, but I'm trying to change that for next year.  This is a great place to start! 

Here's mine: http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-12-scarlet.html

elena said...

Bliss sounds so cute! Ooh, I'm so excited for Cinder. I've read some of the author's stuff before so it shouldn't disappoint. 

Danica Page said...

Great taste. All of the books you picked sound great. I haven't heard of Stay with You yet...goes to add to tbr list. Here's mine: http://danicapage.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-8-and-www.html

Alexandralanc said...

Winterling sounds like a great book! I love winter themed stories. I will definitely have to check that one out. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Alexandra~
http://www.wordsoftheworlds.blogspot.com

PS: if you're looking for a good Christmas read, check out my Christmas novel, Clara Claus!
http://www.alexandralanc.com/other-stories.html

Anna Billings said...

I haven't heard of Bliss but the cover definitely looks super cute!! I'll have to check this one out! Great pick :)

Anna @ Literary Exploration

A. Knight said...

Wintering sounds lovely. And I'm in love with the cover!

Have an amazing reading week!

- Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so go ahead and leave some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Barnes & Noble
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Don't Eat Worms kit by Lorie Davison