It's time to get ready for the 2012 Debut Author Challenge, hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren! If you click on the above picture, it will take you directly to the information page that Kristi was awesome enough to create and from there you can find tons more information!
I'm super excited to sign up to participate in this challenge this year because it was the first challenge that I stumbled upon when I was new to the blogging world back in February/March, but it was too late to sign up when I discovered it!
Next year I have big reading plans that might be in a little over my head considering what I have going on with school in 2012, but I'm going to go for it anyway. This post is basically to record for all to see one of my goals for 2012, which is to complete the DAC! (I'll have other forthcoming posts about some of my other goals, including the sequels challenge that I'm putting together)
So, the goal for the DAC is to read and review at least twelve 2012 debut young adult or middle grade books during the course of the year. Considering how many fabulous books are on the debut list for next year, that shouldn't be a problem at all! So, without further ado, here's my (preliminary) list!
- The Catastrophic History of You & Me by Jess Rothenberg
- Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
- Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig
- The Wicked and the Just by J. Anderson Coats
- Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock
- Shadow & Bone by Leigh Bardugo
- Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard
- Innocent Darkness by Suzanne Lazear
- Auracle by Gina Rosati
- Touching the Surface by Kimberly Sabatini
- Time Between Us by Tamara Stone
- Through to You by Emily Hainsworth