25 November 2011

Friday Fling: a Mini-Review of The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines

Photobucket


During Friday Fling , I share with you a short story or "just for fun" book that I read and really enjoyed.  It will generally be a "mini review" instead of a full review.  These are books that I think are simply fun, quick reads that are definitely worth checking out!


Release Date: 13 January 2011
Publisher: Acacia Publishing, Inc.
Source: Purchased

Buy It! Amazon | Barnes & Noble
(Only $2.99!)

Goodreads description:
Being the good girl isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Ashton Gray has grown weary of playing the part to please her parents, and to be worthy of the town’s prince charming, Sawyer Vincent. Maybe That’s why she’s found herself spending time with Sawyer’s cousin, Beau, while he’s away for the summer camping with his family...

Beau never envied Sawyer his loving parents, his big nice home, or his position as quarterback. He loves him like a brother. Which is why he's tried everything in his power to keep his distance from Sawyer’s girlfriend. Even if he has loved her since the age of five, Ashton is Sawyer’s girl, so therefore she’s off limits. But when Sawyer leaves for the summer, Ashton, the one girl Beau would move Heaven and Earth for, decides she wants to get into trouble...
My Thoughts...

When I kept seeing things about this book on Twitter, I was literally check B&N every day waiting for it to be available for my NookColor! I was simply in the mood for what this book was selling--fun, romantic high school drama with a happy ending!  Ms. Glines has a descriptive writing style that pulled me right into this world of Southern charm, good girls, and "bad" boys.

From the beginning, the story rolls out in a relatively predictable fashion with Ash quickly falling for the boy who's been there her whole life.  Until now she's held on to this "perfect girl" image of herself that she feels like she simply has to keep up for appearances.  Beau beings out the real Ashton, the spunky, spontaneous, mischievous gal who's not afraid of a good time and a swoon-worthy kiss.   You know from the beginning, I think, that the spark between Beau and Ash is pretty undeniable.

Ms. Glines makes you fall head-over-heels in love with her characters from page one. And, while you may see the ending coming, the twists and turn along the way will keep you guessing and turning the pages.  I seriously enjoyed reading this--I think I devoured it in the course of just over an hour! The world and it's characters could be happening next door.  If you're in the mood for a fun, quick read, I believe that The Vincent Boys is for you.  This one is DEFINITELY worth it's $2.99 price tag and I hope you'll check it out!!

(If you're unsure, you can read an excerpt from Chapter One over at Abbi's blog! Check it out HERE!)

1 comment:

Krazzyme said...

You're right this book is just plain fun! 

Krazyyme @ Young Readers  

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so go ahead and leave some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Barnes & Noble
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Don't Eat Worms kit by Lorie Davison