21 November 2011

Cover Crazy (6)


"Cover Crazy" is a meme hosted by The Book Worms to gush over talk about cover designs that we love!

Arise by Tara Hudson

I think this cover probably made its first "unofficial" appearance when HarperCollins put up their Spring 2012 catalog. But, Tara did a blog post with the more finalized version (pictured to the left) last Thursday, so I decided to share this one today.

To start, I really like the colors that they used on this one. The blue/green/purple color scheme is really beautiful in my opinion. It feels darker than the first one.

I also really like the font. It looks like it is the same font that they used for Hereafter, which I also loved.  It helps the novels fit together.

Now, for the girl in the dress, I like it.  I know that some people have talked about how the two novels don't seem to fit together, but I actually think that they do.  I guess maybe they could have faded her out more at the bottom, but I think that having less fading is quite possibly an indication of her status as "more" than just a ghost.
 The two cover together.


I can't wait to read this one! It's on my list as part of my 2012 sequels challenge. :-)



What do you think? Gorgeous? 
Do you like it more or less than Hereafter?

3 comments:

Alexandralanc said...

LOVE the cover! It's so beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Alexandra~

Haven't entered my giveaway yet? Enter here: http://wordsoftheworlds.blogspot.com/2011/11/100-goal-giveaway.html

Bonnie @ A Backwards Story said...

I really like the font, too.  I think the covers do go together because there's a transparency to the model, but you're right, they probably could have faded her bottom a bit more!

Samual said...

The cover of Arise is sooooo beautiful! I really like it!! Great choice! Thank you for sharing it!

Sam
Books For All Seasons

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so go ahead and leave some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Don't Eat Worms kit by Lorie Davison