21 November 2011

Cover Crazy (6)


"Cover Crazy" is a meme hosted by The Book Worms to gush over talk about cover designs that we love!

Arise by Tara Hudson

I think this cover probably made its first "unofficial" appearance when HarperCollins put up their Spring 2012 catalog. But, Tara did a blog post with the more finalized version (pictured to the left) last Thursday, so I decided to share this one today.

To start, I really like the colors that they used on this one. The blue/green/purple color scheme is really beautiful in my opinion. It feels darker than the first one.

I also really like the font. It looks like it is the same font that they used for Hereafter, which I also loved.  It helps the novels fit together.

Now, for the girl in the dress, I like it.  I know that some people have talked about how the two novels don't seem to fit together, but I actually think that they do.  I guess maybe they could have faded her out more at the bottom, but I think that having less fading is quite possibly an indication of her status as "more" than just a ghost.
 The two cover together.


I can't wait to read this one! It's on my list as part of my 2012 sequels challenge. :-)



What do you think? Gorgeous? 
Do you like it more or less than Hereafter?

3 comments:

Alexandralanc said...

LOVE the cover! It's so beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Alexandra~

Haven't entered my giveaway yet? Enter here: http://wordsoftheworlds.blogspot.com/2011/11/100-goal-giveaway.html

Bonnie @ A Backwards Story said...

I really like the font, too.  I think the covers do go together because there's a transparency to the model, but you're right, they probably could have faded her bottom a bit more!

Samual said...

The cover of Arise is sooooo beautiful! I really like it!! Great choice! Thank you for sharing it!

Sam
Books For All Seasons

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so go ahead and leave some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Barnes & Noble
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Don't Eat Worms kit by Lorie Davison