15 November 2011

Book Birthday Shout Out! (7)

"Book Birthday Shout Out" is a weekly meme hosted by The Bewitched Bookworms over on their awesome blog.  Be sure to check out which books being release this week your fellow bloggers are super excited about!

This week's Book Birthday Shout Out goes to...

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
© TODAY by HarperTeen


Goodreads description:
The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war-- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.
This book was fabulous. I reviewed it WAY back in June as part of a Once Upon a Twilight ARC tour and fell head-over-heels in love (you can read my review HERE). I can't wait for my finished copy to ship!! (Geez, get on that Barnes & Noble...)

Here's the fabulous book trailer...




Some awesome reviews of this book...

Whose "Book Birthday" are you celebrating this week?

3 comments:

Petra said...

I was lucky enough to get an ARC of this as well. It was great! I can't wait for my finished copy to arrive as well and to see how the story continues with the next book. From now on when I see the name Juliet/te I'll think Adam and not Romeo :-)

Alexandralanc said...

Wow, what an interesting looking story! Thanks for the post. :)

Alexandra~

Looking for a great Christmas read? Enter my Giveaway: http://wordsoftheworlds.blogspot.com/2011/11/100-goal-giveaway.html

Danny Bookworm said...

OOOOooo Shatter Me also came out this week? I have the ARC in my shelf since BEA in May, but I didn't have time to read it! Very excited for that one too! 

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so go ahead and leave some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Barnes & Noble
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Don't Eat Worms kit by Lorie Davison