23 November 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (38)

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where book bloggers discuss the books that they are most anxiously waiting for! (And this fabulous button was designed by my dear blogger friend Lindsay at The Violet Hour)

This week I'm waiting on...

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
© 6 December 2011 by Entangled Publishing
Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don’t kill him first, that is.
I have heard that this is basically AWESOME.  I have it from NetGalley and my goal for this coming weekend if to plow through my current reads and get this one started! I mean, it sounds super interesting and different, right?! :)


Also, I figured I would combine this post with W.W.W. Wednesdays...so here is some more info about my reading for this week! To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…Grab the logo...and post your link at Should Be Reading!



What are you currently reading?


(Currently listening to...)

What did you recently finish reading?

What do you think you’ll read next? 



What are YOU waiting on this week?

14 comments:

Pamela said...

Ohhh I totally had OBSIDIAN as my WoW last week. It looks so awesome. If you haven't read HALF-BLOOD by Jennifer L. Armentrout, you should get on that! It was a great book. I really like her writing. Great pick!

Feel free to check out my WoW here.

kelly pethick said...

I love that Obsidian is about aliens! Great pick!

Waiting on Wednesday @ Radiant Shadows

Pam said...

I've read a lot of glowing reviews about this one. It sounds very interesting. Great pick! :)

Pam | jellylovesbooks

tristan210 said...

Hey Jessi, I so want to read Obsisdian I've heard a lot of good things about it. Can't believe you just finished Fever, I wish. I hope it was good, can't wait till that one comes out ;)
Tristan @ Reads With Wreckless Abandon

Neri said...

I want to read this book as well. I didnt' get a copy from Netgalley so I have to wait but I'm excited about this one. I loved her other book Half-Blood. You must read it if you haven't already.

Unabridged Bookshelf said...

I just got Half Blood last weekend, and I have heard awesome things about Obsidian! I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for sharing you pick!

My Waiting on Wednesday

The Plot Thickens said...

I hope you enjoy your read.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday_23.html

ladyfern910 said...

I keep seeing this book pop up.  I have Half-Blood in my TBR tower so I'm excited to see more of this author's work.  Plus I love hot alien boys!  Here's mine: http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-9-duke-is-mine.html

Nerd Girls said...

You read FEVER?! I want to read that SO bad! And SAVING JUNE was excellent!

--Kaitlin

Laura said...

Ahh I really want to read Obsidian too! It sounds awesome and I love that the mc is a blogger too haha

Sonny said...

Oh, I want Obsidian so bad! Great pick.
Here is my WOW:
http://literaryjunkie11.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-29-extranormal.html
Happy Reading :D

Molli said...

I just started Obsidian last night.  It's cracking me up so far with the Katy/Daemon banter and it's really good!  I LOVE Katy.  I think you'll enjoy it, Jessi.

Also, I JUST finished Hushed.  It was a creepy/fascinating read!  Kept me up way late to finish it. 

Justin @ Justin's Book Blog said...

Obsidian sounds great, I've heard so much about it. :D Great choice.

Here is my Waiting on Wednesday:  WoW

Feel free to enter my Holiday Giveaway: 

Holiday Giveaway

Krazzyme said...

This one's awesome but not as awesome as Half Blood so If I were you I'd read Half Blood first :)

Krazyyme @ Young Readers  

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so go ahead and leave some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Barnes & Noble
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Don't Eat Worms kit by Lorie Davison