This is the first time I've ever hosted a challenge so I hope you'll stick with me throughout the year! It's going to be a learning process for sure. I fell in love with so many debut authors and series this past year that I just couldn't get the idea for this challenge out of my head! I'm hoping that it works out and I can keep it up in future years. :-)
- This challenge is specifically focused on YA and MG "seconds" being published between Jan 1 - Dec 31, 2012. This includes sequels (the second book in a series only) and companion novels!(If you want a "bonus" challenge that pairs well with this, be sure to check out Shanyn @ Chick Loves Lit's Sophomore Reading Challenge!)
- I've started a Goodreads list HERE
that can help you keep up with some of the upcoming sequels/companions (there are 95 books on the
list so far!). Be aware
that this list is not necessarily comprehensive, although I've been
trying my best to keep it updated.
- This list is just the US sequels being released in 2012. I'll openly admit that I don't keep up with foreign releases. If you live in another country, feel free to post reviews for newly released sequels in your country!
- The books must be read between January 1 and December 21, 2012 to count towards the challenge. I know some people have been lucky enough to read some sequels prior to 2012, but those won't be counted towards this challenge.
- The goal of the SSC will be to read sequels/companion novels! *duh* There are four different levels that you can choose to participate at:
- Level 1 (Beginner): 1-4 books
- Level 2 (Intermediate): 5-8 books
- Level 3 (Advanced): 8-12 books
- Level 4 (Crazy): 13+ books
- Anyone can join! You don't have to be a blogger specifically, but you do need to review the sequels that you read somewhere (such as Goodreads, LibraryThing, Shelfari, etc.) in English
- There will occasionally be giveaways! (Still TBD...but they'll be for participants only)
- You can join anytime! Just set your goal and get started!
I'd love it immensely if you could write up a brief post on your blog (if you're a blogger) saying that you're going to join in the challenge (but you don't have to and I'll still <3 you for signing up). If you don't have a blog, link up to your profile where you will post reviews (Goodreads, etc.). Feel free to include the button from above (or make your own brand new one to share)!